JOHNSON-DAVIS is committed to safeguarding your privacy.
CONTACT US if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and we will gladly assist you.
Effective date: October 8, 2018
- Who we are
Johnson-Davis is an underground utility contractor. The positions and types of jobs for which we have openings are posted on the Company’s online recruitment portal. Applications and resumes can be submitted through our online recruitment portal. The data controller with respect to your personal information submitted in connection with an application for employment will be Johnson-Davis.
This policy applies to individuals who submit applications for employment with Johnson-Davis.
The policy applies to individuals who submit an application to Johnson-Davis (either directly or through a recruitment agency) or who apply using our online portal.
- The types of personal information we receive and use
We will receive and use the following information about you:
- Information you provide as part of your application. You will provide us with personal information about you by using our website or recruitment portal to apply for a position or by corresponding with us or our agents by email, telephone or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register for and use the website or portal, or when you send us or an agent working on our behalf your resume, such as: your name, contact information, work experience, educational qualifications, ability to work in the United States, and any other information you choose to upload or submit (such as information in a resume).
- You may provide sensitive information, but you are not required to do so. Where permitted by law, you have the option to provide certain sensitive personal information, such as race or ethnic origin, or whether you have a disability for the purposes of governmental reporting. If you decide not to provide this information, your application will not be impacted or prejudiced.
- Information will be collected during interviews and assessments (both online and in person). If you attend an interview, we will keep notes about the conversation we had with you or our recruiters. We may also ask other people who meet you to give feedback about you. If you participate in any type of skill assessment or test, we will collect and analyze the responses you give.
- Information will be collected about your usage of our recruitment portal and website. We automatically collect certain data from you when you use our website or portal, including IP address or other unique device identifiers, information collected by cookies on your usage of the portal or website, mobile carrier (if applicable), time zone setting, operating system and platform, browser software, and information regarding your use of the portal or website including date and time of visit (“Usage Information”).
- Information will be collected from third parties. We will receive information from third parties in connection with your application, such as recruiters and organizations that provide background checks (this may include right to work, criminal records checks, reference checks, background checks and verification of qualifications to the extent permitted by applicable law). This may also include credit checks to the extent permitted by applicable law and if deemed appropriate given the role.
- Information will be collected about your visit to our premises. If you attend an interview at our offices, we will collect data related to your use of building access control systems, including time and location of entry and exit, any access to restricted zones and security camera footage.
If you are successful in your application and offered employment, additional personal information will be collected as part of the on-boarding process when you are hired, including:
– Bank account details, tax and social security number, national or other identity numbers, passport or other evidence of right to work, nationality and place of birth (where required/permitted by law), emergency contact and next of kin, family details such as marital status and dependents, and (to the extent permitted by applicable law) additional health and equal opportunities information.
- How we use your personal information
The table below sets out how Johnson-Davis uses your information and the legal basis for processing relied upon by us to process your personal information. We use your information to:
- identify and evaluate you for employment positions;
- – determine and validate your qualifications for employment;
- conduct background checks including, to the extent permitted under applicable law, checking references, qualifications, right to work and criminal records checks;
- if you are a successful candidate, create an employment record and personnel file,
- to the extent permitted or required by applicable law and evaluate equal opportunities;
– communicate with you;
- – send you notifications about new positions that match your profile;
- provide you with user support for our website or recruitment portal; and
- maintain the security of our premises if you attend an interview at our offices.
Your personal information will only be processed for limited purposes and in an appropriate way that is lawful. Johnson-Davis will only collect personal information that is adequate, relevant and not excessive for the purpose in question.
- How we share your personal information
Johnson-Davis shares your personal information with selected recipients. These categories of recipients include:
- – recruitment agencies and recruitment services companies;
- – our trusted third party recruitment portal providers, which we use to collect and process your information and which will store your information in the United States;
- – background check providers (including screening, background and criminal records checks), which store your personal data either in the United States or in other countries, to verify the information that you provided as part of your application;
- -references whose details you provide to us, and
- – our business partners, including subcontractors.
Johnson-Davis may be under an obligation to disclose your personal information to the federal, state, and/or local governments, governmental agencies, courts, the police or tax authorities, or in the course of litigation. It may not be possible to notify you in advance about the details of such disclosures. Johnson-Davis will use all reasonable efforts to disclose the minimum personal information necessary in such cases. We may also disclose your personal information in connection with a reorganization or combination of the Company with another business.
- How we transfer your personal information and where we store it
Johnson-Davis may transfer information to or from its trusted third party vendors, which may be located either in the United States or other countries. The Company has contracts in place with its trusted third party vendors to protect the personal information they handle for the Company. If you require further information about any of these vendors, please contact HR@johnsondavis.com.
- The security of your personal information
Johnson-Davis is committed to safeguarding the personal information you provide to us. The Company maintains appropriate levels of security to protect personal information from accidental or unlawful access, use, disclosure, alteration, loss or destruction. The Company also takes steps to ensure the ongoing confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of its networks and systems. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted through the recruitment portals and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will take appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized use, access or modification. The online portal has security protections in place, but there is risk submitting info. Therefore due to the inherent risks in using the internet, it is recommend not to include your social security number or driver’s license information in the online application or include the information in your resume, which can be uploaded as a PDF.
We will retain your information in accordance with the Company’s retention policies and applicable law. Please contact HR@johnsondavis.com for further details.
- Accessing and correcting your information
If you have submitted personal information through the online portal and need to edit or update it, you can edit or update your personal information by contacting HR@johnsondavis.com. Please note that we will require you to verify your identity before responding to your request.
- Other rights
You may have other rights in relation to your personal information. Some of these only apply in certain circumstances as set out in more detail below. Please email your request to HR@johnsondavis.com. Please note that we will require you to verify your identity before responding to any requests to exercise your rights.
You have a right to know whether Johnson-Davis holds personal information about you and, if so, how we use it.
In certain circumstances and subject to applicable law, the right to request that your personal information is deleted. Please note that we may retain your personal information if there are valid legal grounds for us to do so.
The right to request that we no longer send you notifications about new positions that match your profile.
In certain circumstances and subject to applicable law, the right to restrict or object to the processing of your personal information.
Request to delete your Information
In certain circumstances and subject to applicable law, the right to receive a copy of the personal information which you have provided to Johnson-Davis, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to request that we transfer that information to another party (known as “data portability”).
Where you have provided personal information voluntarily, or otherwise consented to its use, the right to withdraw your consent.
In the event Johnson-Davis refuses your request to access the data collected about you, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request was handle, please contact us.
If you have any questions or concerns about this policy or the use of your personal information by Johnson-Davis, please contact Human Resources, 604 Hillbrath Drive, Lantana, FL 33462, HR@johnsondavis.com, 561-588-1170.
Johnson-Davis reserves the right to amend or update this policy at any time.