Heavy Equipment Field Mechanic
We are seeking an experienced Heavy Equipment Field Mechanic. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of construction equipment and large trucks, a strong mechanical knowledge with various types of engines, hydraulics, electrical, welding, and the ability to troubleshoot with a computer. Must own the tools applicable to the position.
You will also be required to keep track of the maintenance work performed on the vehicles and equipment. Comply with all safety procedures. You must have good communication and be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must have a high school diploma or its equivalent
- 5 plus years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Must have your own tools
- Must have a clean, valid driver’s license
- Must be willing to work nights and/or weekends as needed
- Repairs diesel engines, hydraulic systems, and electrical systems on all types of construction equipment.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses all types of heavy equipment such as dozers, excavators and backhoes to ensure proper working condition in the shop or on the job site.
- Performs scheduled preventative maintenance to ensure equipment is maintained to top standards.
- Performs routine safety reviews and pre-delivery inspections.
- Completes basic computer tasks including completing work orders, looking up parts, and communicating via email.
We offer a full benefits package including medical, paid holidays, and vacation, 401k retirement plan with match, and more.
Job training opportunities available after hire. Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities and Females are encouraged to apply). DFWP
Disclaimer: This job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in the sole discretion of Johnson-Davis Inc.